15 noiembrie, 2011

Interview with a writer -1-

Acum ceva timp am trimis un mail scriitoarei Constance Sharper autoarea seriei The Airborne. Este prima data cand primesc raspunsul la un mail trimis unei scriitoare, asa ca am fost extrem de incantata cand am vazut mail-ul :). Ea a fost foarte draguta si mi-a raspuns chiar repede :X



"I’m an overeducated, underemployed female out of Florida that writes too much in my free time and relaxes too little. I’ve turned my love of telling stories into a part time job and still wish I had more time in the day to finish more books.
The Airborne Saga is the first series I’m publishing. I have other projects in the works, also YA urban fantasy, but more high-concept subject lines.  Those book names and summaries will come out closer to the date."
                                                          -Constance Sharper-



 Si acuuuum interviul :X Sper ca veti citi cartea.
 What is your favourite book?
There’s no such thing as a favorite book! Or at least one that I can pick. I love to follow certain series though and I guess I can mention those. I’m a big fan of the Hollows by Kim Harrison and even older stuff by Ann Rice. I admit I have fought for a Vampire Academy book in the past and get caught up in the “boring classics”.
How did you get the idea for “The Airborne Saga”?
Probably staying up far too late with too much caffeine and a notebook in front of me. Essentially, I’m not sure how magic and or harpies popped into my head but the better half of the original book was written to fit in with the YA genre. That was an agent’s advice. Oddly enough, the final product barely fit into the YA genre but everything turned out for the better.
If you could be any character in your books who would you be?
Adalyn, possibly the most hated character, is my girl. She’s blonde and angry like me. She’s also  tall, pretty and has huge wings. All and all, I feel like Adalyn is pretty badass. But then maybe none of my readers would agree.
When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I can’t pinpoint an age but I’ve been doing it all my life. I could draw or act, so writing was my only option to tell a story. So I never aspired to be a writer, I just kind of did it. If people want to call me a writer, well that’s great too.
What is your favourite movie?
Depends how old school I’m being. I loved Queen of the Damned, probably because I had a thing for vampires back in the day. More recently I’ve been into Insidious and I Am Number Four. Scifi thrillers obviously must get me. J
Can you describe your books in one word?
New
Do you find yourself in Avery's character?
All the time but then I had to be in Avery’s head to write from her head. The entire storyline follows her so I really had to feel “her” and her character. Ironically, sometimes I couldn’t get out of her character in my daily life.

The Airborne Saga (#1)
Avery knew she had a knack for attracting trouble, but even she is shocked when a six-foot-something harpie shows up on her doorstep. Coping with the existence of a mythological race? Okay. Unwittingly finding herself in the middle of a vicious harpie conflict? A little less okay. Having to rely on an arrogant harpie boy who gets under her skin? Now that is something Avery isn't sure she can handle
Grounded (Airborne Saga #2)

At last, Avery thought that she had made it back to a normal high school life-- except for the death threats on her head and the harpie in her backyard. Trouble never stays far away though, and Mikhail hatches a plan that endangers life as she knows it. Avery is drawn back into a vicious harpie war and is finally forced to confront her relationship with Mason whether she is ready to or not








2 comentarii:

Unknown spunea...

Eu n-am citit cartea, dar pare genul meu de scriitoare!! Ma bucur ca ti-a raspuns :X

verdedeparis spunea...

Felicitari, imi plac oamenii cu initiativa. Sper ca blogul tau sa creasca foarte repede :)